Let's Talk over Coffee....

About Me

My Friends

Tag Me

Music

Friday, October 10, 2008

My thoughts..

This group project had been an enriching experience for me as this was my first experience of formal essay based project in the Faculty of Science. There were a lot of valuable lessons that I hadlearnt from the process. As we did not know one another well in the beginning, building a strong interpersonal relationship was vital for the success of the project. All of us soon began to feel comfortable with sharing our thoughts with fellow group members, and through sharing, we started to know one another better in terms of our working style, our specialties etc. Hence having a clear communication had enabled us to be able to allocate the different parts of the project effectively.

We started out doing the research, though it was not a brisk reading of non-scientific journal, we managed to get through it without much problem. Being a team player was essential for the project, I was glad that the group was very helpful toward one another especially doing the report writing phase. As my grasp of English was not extremely strong, my fellow project mates were willing to lend me a helping hand. An interesting observation that I had made was that as the four of us are from different backgrounds, our style of writing the report varied over a large scale. Even the parts where our work overlaped, different people working on the same thing, at times the end work pieces were totally different! It certainly showed the importance of communication. Even though I would be the first to proclaim that my group was a close knitted one, sometimes miscommunication might occur however unintended it might be. It took a lot of effort to make sure that we had achieved effective communication so that all our work would be able to integrate upon the rest smoothly.

Overall, I am really glad that the group was exceptionally cooperative and helpful toward one another, making the report writing a pleasant experience.

Edited as of 121008



Layout Design by =D Thanks to:Getty Images BlogspotBlogskins