Let's Talk over Coffee....

About Me

My Friends

Tag Me

Music

Saturday, October 18, 2008

About me

I am Zong Neng (Max), an honours student in Applied Mathematics. Having immense interest in sports and outdoor activities led me to taking up numerous related courses and certification. Currently, I am working both as a part time fitness instructor with the Singapore Sports Council and as a free lance personal trainer. It is my personal belief that a balance diet and regular exercise is essential to the up-keeping of a healthy and alert individual. More importantly, with my acquired knowledge in sports, I am able to help assist others in making life style changes effectively.

Passion for the outdoor is what motivated me to join the Outdoor Activities Club in both my Junior College and University years. As the Vice Chairman and Head of Publication in both institutions respectively, I had been overseeing numerous major events such as the Annual Campfire and Amazing Race. I would have to manage the hundreds of participants in attendance. It was necessary to make sure that all details were taken care of, from the facilitation of events to the logistic maintenance. There was no room for mistake.

My instructional appointment as a platoon commander during my National Service has equipped me with the ability to act decisively during emergencies. This skill is especially useful in the outdoor arena. Thus, not only am I capable of taking care of others in need effectively as a trained instructor, but also efficiently without second guessing myself in dire situations. In addition, as a platoon commander, communication is ever on going. Though it took a while, but eventually, I learnt that to succeed as a team, it is indeed necessary to communicate effectively with one another.



Layout Design by =D Thanks to:Getty Images BlogspotBlogskins